Best Practices For Obtaining Evidence From An ISP
Best Practices for Obtaining Evidence from an ISP
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Identify best practices for obtaining evidence for a digital forensic investigation from an Internet service provider (ISP).
You are a digital forensics intern at Azorian Computer Forensics, a privately owned forensics investigations and data recovery firm in the Denver, Colorado area. Azorian has been asked to assist in an investigation of a possible cybercrime involving theft of intellectual property. The information will need to be obtained from an Internet service provider (ISP) while complying with any applicable laws and regulations. Your manager wants to update staff on details about best practices for working with ISPs and obtaining electronic evidence.Your manager has asked you to find a resource on the web that contains information useful to this investigation and write a report about the resource.For this assignment:
- Research the Internet for information on working with an ISP to legally obtains electronic evidence in a digital forensic investigation.
- Write a report that describes best practices for obtaining electronic evidence from an ISP.
- Course textbook
- Internet access
Submission RequirementsFormat:Microsoft WordFont:Arial, size 12, double-spaceCitation Style:Follow your school’s preferred style guideLength:1-2 pages
- I selected researched the Internet for information on working with an ISP to legally obtain electronic evidence in a digital forensic investigation.
- I wrote a report that describes best practices for obtaining electronic evidence from an ISP.
- I followed the submission guidelines.