We seek to curb use of the new genetic interventions for therapeutic goals (e,g, eradicate Down syndrome) or for personal taste (e,g. blue eyed babies)? Should we control these matters with moral or legal efforts? Rely on ethical principles and concepts in your essay and refer to the assigned reading as much as possible. As explained below, you should have a total of 10 references. Every different chapter in the Vaughn text counts as a new reference.
Grading Rubric for Independent Paper– 35 Points Possible
• Question topic is clear and succinct. Introduction is well written and outlines students’ arguments.
• Student identifies the key ethical dilemmas presented by the question. What are the potential paths/responses to the ethical dilemmas?
• Throughout the paper, relevant ethical principles and concepts are discussed and fully explained.
• Student provides a thoughtful and comprehensive analysis of alternative arguments and identifies key arguments made in the assigned reading.
• Student provides a concluding opinion that references relevant literature and includes student’s assessment of the literature.
Style, Writing, and Formatting – 20% (7/35 points)
• Students makes clear word choices and uses proper grammar. Words are not misspelled.
• Student uses topic sentences and clear and concise language in each paragraph.
• Student provides at least 10 references to peer reviewed literature or law review articles published by law journals. You may add additional news sources, but only the Atlantic, NY Times, Wall Street Journal, or Washington Post
• All citations are in proper APA format.
• The paper is 7 pages, double-spaced, in 12 point, Arial Font.