Business Communication – Term Paper
Pros and cons of immigration reform. (Economically/ politically) Topic should focus on how research informs some aspect of communication practices. Research and communication practices are up to the writer and research on this topics should come from a variety of disciplines including, psychology, sociology, behavioral economics, neuroscience, behavioral medicine, and the like.
Must include at least 4 or more peer-reviewed journal articles or books that may provide insight. Ideal sources will have been published within the past ten or so years and available as full-text PDFs.
Paper should include a title page, author(s), references and footnotes if appropriate, at the end of the text. In all cases, grammar, syntax, organization, clarity in writing style, references and an indication of analysis and assessment, will be important as is following the APA format.
Should be at least 9-10 pages with references, double-spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman
Part 1: Title page
- Follow the APA-style title page
- Generate a draft title for your paper, followed by your name and “University” as your affiliation.
- Be sure to include and properly format the header, which appears on every page of this assignment (and your final paper) but is slightly different on page 1, on which you see the actual words “Running head:”
- No need to include “author notes” or “correspondence information.”
Part 2: Consider a short Abstract
Part 3: Main body (Citation practice): Write a summary of the main points in which you cite an idea or find from the sources being used; for example, the book or articles being discussed.
- Think about each of your written statements as your perception of each article’s “take-home point” or “bottom line”. Write in your own words, do not plagiarize and if you use a quotation make sure it is footnoted.
- Create accurate citations of the resources.
- Do not forget to include your title, centered in plain text, at the top of the page.
Part 4: References/Grammar
- Articles that are cited need to appear in a references list. (with the heading (References) followed by source entries).
- See the Publication Manual for the general format for journal articles or books.
Let me know if you have any questions 🙂