Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
· Analyze the effects of culture, politics and economic systems in the context of international business (Lo 2.1)
· Identify the major components of international business management (Lo 2.4)
· Carry out effective self-evaluation through discussing economic systems in the international business context (Lo. 3.1)
Please read Case 2: “Venezuela under Hugo Chávez and Beyond” available in your e-book (page no.611), and answer the following questions:
Assignment Question(s): (Marks: 05)
1. Under Chávez’s leadership, what kind of economic system was put in place in Venezuela? How would you characterize the political system? (word limit: 100, Marks: 02)
2. During the Chávez years, many foreign multinationals exited Venezuela or reduced their exposure there. What do you think the impact of this has been on Venezuela? What needs to be done to reverse the trend? (word limit: 100, Marks: 02)
3. By 2016, Venezuela’s economy appeared to be on the brink of total collapse. What do you think needs to be done to reverse this? (word limit: 150, Mark: 01))