A university in the Washington, DC area would like to offer a high-tech crime class for the next school year and would like to contract your team to provide a course design for its implementation.
Explain to the university (in a whitepaper) the characteristics of high-tech crime also known as Internet, cyber, and computer crime.
Explain the use of current technologies to both carry out and fight cybercrime.
In addition, explain the technological, cultural, and political influences which are advancing the growth of high-tech crime.
Cite your sources.
Law Ethic’s Help.
Forensic biology is a scientific method of examining, testing, and probing evidence from a crime scene investigation. When you review the history of forensics, you see that there are varying timelines. The history, as compiled by the American College of Forensic Examiners, began as early as the 4,000 BC. The modern association of forensic biology has been developed into many subdivisions such as toxicology, pathology, anthropology, and odontology, just to name a few.
- Address the following:
- In your own words, what is the definition of forensic biology? Explain.
- Which of the major subfields do you feel is the most important to forensic biology? Explain.
- Examples can include serology, entomology, odontology, etc.
- If you must select 1, which of the following developmental stages of forensic biology do you feel is the most important to the field? Explain why.
- Antigen polymorphism
- Protein polymorphism
- DNA polymorphism
- How might each of the above be used in an investigation to clear or convict a criminal? Provide 1 example for each.
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your responses to the above questions.
- Comment on at least 2 other students’ posts.
Business Law Question
OBRA was enacted as a result of a lack of uniformed quality and care across Nursing Homes in the United States. Review the Chapter on OBRA as well as information from the University Library and answer the following in one concise post:
*List and explain in detail 2 (two) specific benefits which resulted from the implementation of OBRA-87 (the Act which contains the Nursing Home Reform Act).
One academic citation is required for your response.
*****Plagarism & 150 words.. please and thank you an advance..
discuss some of the legislative actions that have impacted upon law enforcement concerning recruiting and/or hiring. In addition, discuss the type of training environment you feel is best for real learning, as you compare and contrast the training method ideologies associated with how the Federal Bureau of Investigations trains agents versus the quasi-militarism (also called para-militarism) characteristic methodology typically used in the typical police academy.
Description: Write a brief paper, approximately 3-5 pages, addressing the topic of “Tort Reform.” A good paper will include the following:
- a brief definition of the concept of tort reform addressing the historical foundation
- a specific discussion of the positive impact of limiting tort recovery
- a specific discussion of the negative impact of limiting tort recovery
- a conclusory discussion that outlines a your personal opinion on whether YOU feel tort reform is a good idea or what you would propose as an alternative to the current system – this should be a persuasive argument
A good paper will demonstrate the student’s knowledge of the concept of tort reform, and the ability to analyze the the far reaching consequences of limiting recovery under reform as well as the motivation behind the idea of reform. In other words, simply stating, “I don’t think it is a good idea” will most certainly earn the student a poor grade.
Please format the paper as follows:
The paper should be formatted in accordance with the APA guidelines.
- An excellent source for guidance on the APA format is the “OWL” found on Purdue’s web site: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (链接到外部网站。)链接到外部网站。
This paper will be worth 100 points and will be broken down roughly as follows:
Format: 30% This includes spelling, grammar, appropriate use of the APA, etc.
General Knowledge of Topic: 30% This includes the general knowledge of the topic and the ability to address the requested questions.
Analysis: 40% This demonstrates to the instructor an in depth knowledge of the topic and the ability to analyze the concept and make an argument for or against a public policy.
Note: Plagiarism will result in a loss of all points and other action not inconsistent with SPEA and course policy.
No late papers will be accepted!
In September 2010, Rutgers University student Tyler Clementi committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge. The suicide occurred after the 18-year-old discovered that his intimate encounter with another man in his dorm room was broadcast on the Internet. The offenders, Dharun Ravi and Molly Wei, set up a webcam and live streamed Clementi’s encounter without his knowledge. In April 2011, Ravi was indicted on 15 counts, including invasion of privacy and bias intimidation. Wei was offered a plea bargain to testify against Ravi. Neither offender was charged with the death of Tyler Clementi. Questions remain as to whether this was merely a display of cyber-hate or if this incident could legally be deemed a hate crime.
For this assignment, review the Tyler Clementi case and think about whether or not Clementi’s right to privacy was violated. Consider whether the offense should be considered cyber-hate or a hate crime. Then think about why the offenders were not legally charged with Clementi’s death.
The Assignment (2–3 pages)
- Explain whether or not Tyler Clementi’s constitutional right to privacy was violated.
- Explain whether the offense should be considered cyber-hate or classified as a hate crime.
- Explain why the offenders were not legally charged with the death of Tyler Clementi.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation.
Locate two recent legal decisions that are of interest to you in a newspaper (paper or online news source). One legal decision should be local (i.e. in the state of Indiana) and the other should be a national legal decision. Please be sure to locate an article that is at least( 4 paragraphs in length) and has enough substance so that you can summarize the article, and develop your opinion
Be sure to print off or scan each article and include it as part of your assignment.
For each article, be sure to do the following:
1. Read the article to ensure that you understand what the legal decision was regarding.
2. Write a paragraph summarizing the article. Be sure you have factual information included in your summary. Make sure you state where you found the article (i.e. name of newspaper or online news source).
3. Write a paragraph stating your opinion about the legal decision. Be sure to address the following questions:
- What did you think about the article?
- Based on the article, and the facts provided to you, do you agree with the decision? Why or why not?
- Did you learn something new about the law? If so, what did you learn?
- Are you more informed about what is going on in your area, the nation and/or the world?
Please be sure to format your assignment using APA Style Guidelines.
Dissertationlance.com provides students with professional writing and editing assistance. We help them cope with academic assignments such as essays, articles, term and research papers, theses, dissertations, coursework, case studies, PowerPoint presentations, book reviews, etc.