Assignment: Change Implementation and Management Plan
It is one of the most cliché of clichés, but it nevertheless rings true: The only constant is change. As a nursing professional, you are no doubt aware that success in the healthcare field requires the ability to adapt to change, as the pace of change in healthcare may be without rival.
As a professional, you will be called upon to share expertise, inform, educate, and advocate. Your efforts in these areas can help lead others through change. In this Assignment, you will propose a change within your organization and present a comprehensive plan to implement the change you propose.
- Review the Resources and identify one change that you believe is called for in your organization/workplace.
- This may be a change necessary to effectively address one or more of the issues you addressed in the Workplace Environment Assessment you submitted in Module 4. It may also be a change in response to something not addressed in your previous efforts. It may be beneficial to discuss your ideas with your organizational leadership and/or colleagues to help identify and vet these ideas.
- Reflect on how you might implement this change and how you might communicate this change to organizational leadership.
The Assignment (5-6-minute narrated PowerPoint presentation):
Change Implementation and Management Plan
Create a narrated PowerPoint presentation of 5 or 6 slides with video that presents a comprehensive plan to implement the change you propose.
Your narrated presentation should be 5–6 minutes in length.
Your Change Implementation and Management Plan should include the following:
- An executive summary of the issues that are currently affecting your organization/workplace (This can include the work you completed in your Workplace Environment Assessment previously submitted, if relevant.)
- A description of the change being proposed
- Justifications for the change, including why addressing it will have a positive impact on your organization/workplace
- Details about the type and scope of the proposed change
- Identification of the stakeholders impacted by the change
- Identification of a change management team (by title/role)
- A plan for communicating the change you propose
- A description of risk mitigation plans you would recommend to address the risks anticipated by the change you propose
Presentation provides an accurate and detailed executive summary of the issues that are currently affecting an organization/workplace.
Presentation accurately and completely describes in detail the changes being proposed.
Presentation accurately and thoroughly details justifications for the changes, including a thorough and complete explanation of why addressing these changes will have a positive impact on the organization/workplace.
Presentation accurately and thoroughly details the type and scope of the changes proposed.
Presentation accurately and clearly identifies the stakeholders impacted by the changes.
Presentation accurately and completely identifies a change management by title/role that is detailed.
Presentation accurately and thoroughly proposes a detailed plan for communicating the changes proposed.
Presentation accurately and thoroughly describes in detail risk mitigation plans recommended to address the risks anticipated by the changes proposed.
Narrated presentation accurately and completely summarizes the presentation responses. Audio recording is professional in nature and thoroughly addresses all components of the presentation. Presentation should be aesthetically organized and easy to follow with an introduction, purpose statement, and conclusion
Uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation with no errors.