Climate Change Presentation
Evaluate a significant environmental change occurring in your region (wildfires, higher-than average temperatures, droughts, floods, etc.). Create a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation explaining how natural disasters are influenced by climate change. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice-over or a video. Refer to the study materials for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning, and an additional slide for references at the end. Include the following:
- Describe the natural disaster. Discuss how climate change has contributed to the natural disaster that is causing the environmental change. Discuss the potential anthropogenic and natural causes. Provide evidence to support your claims.
- Describe the human population health issues likely to be exacerbated by the environmental change. Identify one or more surveillance reports and discuss data from these sources relevant to the event and region. Discuss the methods used in data collection. Use a table or graph to display your findings.
- Explain the impact climate change is projected to have on animal and ecosystem health in your region.
- Discuss how your region’s environmental policy, or lack of policy, has influenced and shaped the response to the environmental change.
- Explain how local and regional environmental policies have a global impact when it comes to climate change.
- Explain how the people in your region, including community members and leaders, perceive the concept of climate change. How do their opinions regarding climate change affect the environmental policy in your region? Describe some of the challenges to addressing climate change in your region.
You are required to cite to three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines