College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 01/04/2021 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Strategic Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT 401||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1441/1442 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: …. Out of 5||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Assignment 2: Part 2 of project
- Describe the different issues related to environmental scanning, strategy formulation, and strategy implementation in diversified organizations (CLO2)
- Explain the contribution of functional, business and corporate strategies in the competitive advantage of the organization. (CLO3)
- Distinguish between different types and levels of strategy and strategy implementation (CLO4)
- Communicate issues, results and recommendations coherently, and effectively regarding appropriate strategies for different situations (CLO6)
Assignment Questions (5 Marks)
Consider the same company ‘Samsung Company’ that you have already used in assignment 1 and answer the following questions
- Describe the roles of directional, marketing, operations and human resource strategies in the overall well-being of your selected company. (2 marks)
- Classify the products of your selected company based on the BCG matrix. (1 mark)
- Describe at least one partnership that your selected corporation has with other company (es). Is it successful? Justify. (1mark)
- Describe the structure of your selected company. (1 mark)