Accounting and management literature has, for a long time, been interested in the relationship between budget participation and employee performance, even though there is no agreement on the nature of the cause-and-effect relationship between participation in the budget process and employee (especially managerial) motivation or performance.
After performing library and online research, write an academic paper of between 750 and 1475 words (3 to 5 pages) on the effects of budget participation on employees’ performance. Begin your paper with a general discussion of the importance of budgeting for companies. Your paper should acknowledge different views of the relationship between budget participation and employee performance, but you should present an argument on whether or not the budget can be used as an effective tool to change and manage employees’ attitudes and performance.
Be sure to:
- Follow accepted research approaches and citation format (APA style).
- Convey your understanding of the readings and concepts and their application to the topic.
- Write in an organized and coherent way.
- Check for and correct spelling, sentence structure, and grammatical errors.
- Demonstrate graduate-level analytical skills. [MO4.1]