Module 6: Selection Assignment
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to develop research skill on the topic of employee selection.
- Skills: As a result of completing this assignment, you will learn how to how to search for videos, podcasts, or journal articles. You will practice written communication.
- Knowledge: Students will apply the knowledge learned on one of the chapter objectives.
Task: In order to complete this assignment you will execute the following.
- Refer to one of the chapter Learning Objectives found in the book.
- Select one objective to use for this assignment.
- List the objective you chose at the beginning of your assignment.
- Find one of the following options that relates to the objective that you found.
- Youtube video (created within the last 5 years).
- Podcast (created within the last 5 years).
- Journal article: Sources must have a publication date within the last 5 years.
- TV show/Movie scene
- Write a review of the video, podcast, or journal article.
- This review should tie the information that is included in the video, podcast, or journal article to the selected competency.
- The review should be 300-500 words (at least one page).
- Include an active link to the Youtube video, TV show/Movie scene, podcast, article (you may attach the article to your submission).
- If citing an article, the minimum information that must be included in the citation is the following:
- If printed or electronic journal article: Title of Article, Title of Journal, Date and Issue number (if available).
- If web site: Title of article or company and website address.
Criteria for Success: A successful assignment will have the following characteristics
- Students will state the competency first in their review of the podcast, video, or article.
- Proper grammar, spelling, and professional language are used.