Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Describe the capabilities of three tools used to recover deleted Macintosh files.
- Recommend one of the tools for use in a given scenario.
You are an experienced digital forensics specialist for DigiFirm Investigation Company. One of your clients is a small music production company. One day you receive a phone call from Andrea, the owner and president of the music company.Andrea believes one of her employees, a sound technician, has been stealing intellectual property from the company. She thinks he is copying original music scores and then selling them to upstart musicians, claiming that he wrote them. Andrea checked the employee’s computer the previous night and thinks he has been deleting the files to cover his tracks. He uses a Macintosh computer.There are several tools available for recovering files that have been deleted from a Macintosh computer, including:
- MacKeeper, https://mackeeper.com/
- Mac Undelete, http://www.macundelete.com/
- Free Undelete Mac, http://www.freeundeletemac.com/
For this assignment:
- Research three specific tools that can aid in recovering deleted Macintosh files.
- Write a report about the capabilities of the tools.
- Recommend one of the tools for use in this case and justify your recommendation.
- Course textbook
Submission RequirementsFormat:Microsoft WordFont:Arial, Size 12, double-spaceCitation Style:Follow your school’s preferred style guideLength:1-2 pages
- I researched three specific tools that can aid in recovering deleted Macintosh files.
- I described the capabilities of the tools.
- I recommended one product for use in this case and justified my recommendation.
- I created a professional, well-developed report with proper documentation, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.