Module 03 Content
- You will be pre-assigned as a team to one of the following Units: Unit Four: Autonomic Nervous System Drugs; Unit Five: Central and Peripheral Nervous System Drugs.
This is a 4 week activity. You will stay in your team for each of the weeks that follow.
Prepare a 15 minute Summary Presentation for class to include the following:
- Summary of the Unit/Classification
- Minimum of three types of drugs or supplements
- Typical routes of administration
- Common side effects and adverse effects
- Special considerations
- Common Nursing interventions
- Teams must distill the material to only key points. The presentation may be a Power Point, lecture and handouts, poster or any way the team feels they will best present the information. Use your textbook and Davis’s Drug Guide as your resources.
Teams collect points over the four weeks for their presentation. They are graded on their accuracy and thoroughness of their presentation as well as how well they worked as a team. At the end of the four modules, each team will be awarded an Olympic medal for the number of points earned.
Following your in-class activity, prepare your presentation for submission. Scan the materials if needed.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: