Option #1: Nonverbal Communication Observation (75 points)
In this critical thinking assignment, you are asked to observe the nonverbal communication in a business setting. You could choose a Zoom session, Microsoft Teams session or another location where business is being conducted. While observing, pay close attention to the nonverbal communication messages being sent. Please reflect on the following:
- What nonverbal behavior did you observe and what information did you glean from these messages?
- Are the verbal and nonverbal messages congruent?
- How is the leader demonstrating nonverbal communication and is it helpful or not in facilitating communication?
- Talk with at least one other person from the meeting to gather his/her feedback regarding the nonverbal messages being sent in the meeting.
Keep in mind this is academic writing. It should be written in third person and should not include unsubstantiated opinions, but rather facts and theories. Your well-written paper must adhere to the following parameters:
- 4 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages.
- 3 scholarly references cited in the assignment. Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with in-text citations and references; all facts must be supported; in-text citations used throughout the assignment must be included in an APA-formatted reference list.
- Formatted according to CSU Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).