Public Realtions Paper-Building Relationships with publics in the Central Washington area and also Seattle.
Instructions: Write a 2-page paper. A new university library will open next month. The $100 million building is an eight-story wonder of glass and steel beams designed by the famous architectural firm BK Skinner and Associates. The library has over 125 commissioned works of art and 2,500 Internet plug-ins for students and their laptops. In addition, the library has several computer labs for students and meeting rooms for university and community organizations. And, in a special coup, author J. K. Rowling of Harry Potter fame will be the guest of honor at the official opening. Your PR firm has been hired by CWU to build relationships with these publics in the Central Washington area and also Seattle.
• What type of tactics would you recommend for this client?
• What type of traditional media would you target? Make a list of ten newspapers and/or publications.
• What type of topics would you use for press releases? Make a list of at least 3 topics.
• What type of event would you plan?
• How would you use social media?