Section B: Essay question (30 marks)
Choose ONE of the following five topics. Clear thesis connecting two stories / two poems / 1 story and 1 poem together, coherent argument, and close and accurate references to the texts will all be taken into account.
1. Examine the exile or immigrant in at least two works.
2. Consider the importance of setting or “home” in at least two works.
3. Describe the role of women in at least two works.
4. Explore the issue of communication, language and/or translation in at least two works.
5. Discuss the role of the individual versus the community in at least two works.