Action at an Emergency
- Emergencies have distinctive characteristics. List each characteristic and explain. ( Please highlight , color code your answers, or use a different Front)
- The bystander is a vital link between____________________________________________________
__________________________________ and the _____________________.
- List and Discuss 5 actions or decisions a bystander should quickly and reliably make when deciding to intervene in an emergency.
- List and discuss 3 why some bystanders are less likely to offer help.
- List 5 questions you should consider before calling 911.
- List 18 conditions that are warning signs of more serious conditions that
ACEP recommends immediate transport to the hospital emergency department , by EMS or by private vehicle.
- You should always call ______________ first when serious situations occur.
- When you call 911, speak ________________and _________________.
- List and discuss information that you should give to the dispatcher.
- What is Posttraumatic stress disorder?
- Discuss scene size – up. What are 3 things you should look for?
- What should first aiders do to reduce the risk of contamination to themselves and others?
- Discuss the following:
- Infectious disease
- Communicable disease
- Standard precautions
- Discuss the proper procedure for washing your hands
- What does Figure 2-5 illustrate?
- If your eyes, nose and mouth are splashed by bloody fluid, you should ____________________________________________________________________.
- Discuss personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Discuss the different types of gloves.
- Discuss the proper method removing gloves.
Notice: You should consider putting on a ____________________________if there is major, significant ________________________ or _____________________. Replace the gloves if _____________________________________________________.
- Discuss Mouth -to –barrier devices.
- What type of device is used in figure 2-6?
- When cleaning up blood or other body fluids, you should protect yourself and others against disease transmission by :
- What should you do if you have been exposed to blood or body fluids?
- List and discuss Bloodborne diseases.
- List and discuss Airborne diseases.
- List 7 ways you can assist a dying victim.
- Discuss the five stages of grieving?
- Discuss 6 ways of dealing with survivors.