Vulnerable Population Characteristics
Select and describe the characteristics of one vulnerable population from this week’s readings including why this population is considered vulnerable. Discuss selected health practices and beliefs of the chosen population and the types of communication you would use with this population in an advanced nursing role.
vulnerable population from this week are:
- Maternal, Infant and Child Health;
- Mental Health and Mental Health Disorders;
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and
- Transgender Health;
- Length: A minimum of 250 words, not including references
- Citations: At least one high-level scholarly reference in APA from within the last 5 years.
Required Textbook and Readings
de Chesnay, M., & Anderson, B. (2020). Caring for the vulnerable: Perspectives in nursing theory, practice, and research (5th Ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett. ISBN: 9781284146813
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2017). Atlanta, GA: Author. HIV in the United States: At a Glance.
- CDC Fact Sheet (2019, Feb.). HIV Incidence: Estimated Annual Infections in the U.S, 2010-2016.