Week 8 Assignment – Presentation Recording
Note: The specific book information referenced in the video has changed. Refer to the following assignment instructions for correct page numbers in BCOM, 9th edition. Individual sections may have different policies regarding handing in work early for review. Please check with your professor.
You must have access to audio or video recording equipment (a microphone or webcam, digital camcorder, or cell phone with a high-quality camera or microphone) to complete this assignment.
You will present the PowerPoint presentation you created in Week 6 and outlined last week. Remember that the content should focus on a specific aspect of social media use in the workplace. Examples include the importance of companies embracing social media, advertising through social media, policies involving social media, proper professional communication through social media platforms, or any number of other angles.
The PowerPoint presentation must adhere to the following requirements:
- Address some aspect of social media in the workplace.
- Present in a clear, logical manner.
- Include the presentation from the assignment, PowerPoint Presentation.
- Be appropriately paced. Total time should not exceed 10 minutes in length.
- Assume your target audience is familiar with the overall concept of social media.
- Follow the professional presentation requirements from Chapter 12 (pages 202–224) in BCOM 9th edition.
- Clearly deliver the presentation content (audio).
- Wear appropriate professional attire (if using video option) and provide high-resolution audio (if using narrated PowerPoint option).
- Clarity and Mechanics:
- Focus on clarity, writing mechanics, and professional language or style requirements.
- Run spell and grammar check before submitting.
Your assignment must be completed in PowerPoint (using either .PPT or .PPTX format) [for narrated PowerPoint option]. The presentation must be submitted using one of the following methods:
- Recorded live narration of the PowerPoint slides.
- A video recording of the student presenting the presentation (submitted in an appropriate video format like .mov or .mp4 and uploaded as an attached file).
- A video link uploaded to YouTube and submitted through Blackboard (links that do not work at the time of grading will be scored as a 0).
- A scheduled live presentation to the instructor (subject to schedule availability).
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Conduct a presentation using professional communication skills.