Imagine you have been hired to oversee the human resources department of a large hospital system. The hospital board of directors has requested that you provide a presentation to them on the strategies you want to implement in the human resources department that would benefit the hospital system as a whole.
Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with a minimum of 15 slides addressing human resources strategies within the health care industry for effective employee recruitment, selection, training, development, and performance appraisal.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Identify five recruitment strategies or methods.
- Indicate whether the strategy is internally or externally focused.
- Describe the strategy and why it is appropriate to health care.
- Create a graphic differentiating between the following:
- Job analysis
- Job description
- Job specifications
- Examples of a graphic include flowcharts, Venn diagrams, graphs, and slides. There are a variety of tools in the Microsoft Office© Suite suitable for creating graphics. Additionally, .pdf, .jpg, and other file formats are acceptable.
- Explain why training and education are vital in health care.
- Explain the importance of measuring competencies.
- Describe the process for tracking and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Describe performance appraisal standards within the health care industry.
- Identify guidelines for effective performance appraisals.
- Include possible barriers and their effect on the appraisal process.
- Describe the due diligence of progressive discipline of employees within the health care field.
Include detailed speaker notes of at least 100 words per slide.
Cite at least 4 references according to APA guidelines.