Read the Anderson and Others, 2001 paper and answer the following questions:
1. Why are coastal regions important to humans? What is their significance?
2. List and discuss all the effects that climate change has on coastal processes.
3. Why is it necessary for scientists to study past (ancient) climate and oceanographic conditions?
4. List and discuss three impacts related to sea level rise.
5. What may be a potential outcome of global warming with respect to storms in coastal regions.
6. How can scientific models be used to manage coastal areas?